George Schizas is a Software Developer and Agricultural Biotechnologist living in Greece.
He likes science fiction and fantasy, both in book and film or TV series format.
He lives in Gerakas, Athens since September 2006. Before that he lived in Piraeus for 14 years and Perama for another 11.
His computer history includes:
- In 1988 he bought an Amstrad CPC 6128. He learned BASIC and Z80 machine code there. One of the few kids that saw more fun in tampering with memory and registers than shooting aliens and breaking bricks.
- In 1993 he learned PASCAL, supposedly by following a course in Agricultural Univercity of Athens, but really on his own. When you know one language, you know them all.
- In 1999 he was hired as a database developer by a small logistics company.
- In 2000 he was hired by a large Greek bank (Eurobank) as a developer, where he continued after the software development subsidiary (e-Solutions) was founded. There he was enchanted by the Evil Empire and continues to write ASP and Microsoft.NET code.
- By 2010, he was lured to a world of snakes and he’s been there since.